Click on the heart to sign up for our free
e-newsletters containing silly video clips and the latest LipService lowdown. We do not share your info with ANYONE.
335 Stretford Road
0161 232 6093/4
“The Laurel and Hardy of literary deconstruction”
Maggie Fox & Sue Ryding have been writing and performing together since 1985. They have written eighteen original comedies for the stage, had their own comedy series on BBC Radio 4, many appearances on TV and won several awards.
LipService is now one of the most firmly established touring companies in the UK, touring throughout Britain but also abroad including trips to Pakistan, Eastern Europe, U.S.A. and Germany.
- Manchester Theatre Award Stage Door Award for Excellence 2013
- Manchester Evening News Award Withering Looks.
- Critics Award for Comedy Withering Looks at the Edinburgh Festival
- Critics Award for Comedy Knit One Murder One at the Edinburgh Festival
- Nomination for Writers Guild Award for LipService Radio Series BBC R4
- Nomination for best performers for Women on the Verger Manchester Evening News Awards
- Nomination for best director for Lawrence Till for The Importance of Being Earnest TMA Awards
Maggie and Sue have written scripts and voiced characters for Cosgrove Hall films, including Fantomcat, Mungie, Rocky and the Dodos, Animal Shelf, Sandy Bottoms and Discworld.
They have appeared separately and together on TV in Coronation Street, Shameless, The Forsyte Saga, Hardware, How Do You Want Me?, Joyce and Betty look back at the week.
They have done radio drama for BBC Radio 4 and made many appearances on Loose Ends, Woman’s Hour, Mid Week.